If interested in joining our volunteer team or for further information.
Please contact Jose Hernandez at 831-707-2204 or by email to : JoseH@monarchscc.org
We offer volunteer and internship opportunities for community members and students.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Crisis Line Volunteer: Provide peer counseling and referrals to callers.
- Volunteer Court Advocate: Accompany clients to court.
- Support Group Volunteer: Co-facilitate or facilitate support groups for survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Children/Youth Support Group Volunteer: Co-facilitate support group for child, youth or teen witnesses of domestic violence.
- Program Volunteer: Provide client services in the Shelter, Crisis Intervention or Children and Youth Programs.
- Community Education Volunteer: Assist with presentations and outreach events about domestic violence, sexual assault and agency services.
- Awareness Months (Sexual Assault-April; Domestic Violence-October): Assist with special awareness activities.
Requirements to Volunteer
- Volunteer via our 24-hour crisis line (Minimum of 12 hours per week)
- Options to assist other programs in agency: Court accompaniment, support group, shelter, administration, prevention, outreach and child & youth programs
- Attend volunteer meetings & minimum of 8 hours of continuing education per year
- A commitment to social justice & eliminating sexual assault and domestic violence
- 18 years of age or older
- Must complete criminal background check though LiveScan fingerprinting system
Use the link below to complete an application to become a volunteer with Monarch Services. Please print it and fax to 831-475-0580, mail or drop off to 1509 Seabright Ave Santa Cruz, CA 95062. Please call our office for more information and contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 831-707-2204.